Considering Orthodontic Treatment As An Adult
If your dentist has recommended adult braces to correct certain issues with your teeth, you probably have some questions.
When we think of braces we’re inclined to picture a teenager with mouth full of metal wires. However, adults can benefit from braces too, and they’re not often the clunky hardware that you’re thinking of anymore. Adult braces can contribute to better health and an amazing smile.
Here are some reasons why adult braces just make sense:
- Fix misalignments: When you suffer from a crossbite or a misalignment, it increases your chances of plaque and food building up between your teeth. Plaque and food buildup can lead to periodontal disease, bleeding gums, tooth decay, bone loss and wear and tear of tooth enamel. Adult braces can correct misalignments leaving your mouth less susceptible to these issues.
- It is now more financially feasible, more and more benefit plans are covering adult orthodontics.
- You find yourself not smiling in pictures and would like to change that. You are never too old for a beautiful smile!
- You have many options in addition to the traditional metal braces including clear braces and Invisalign.
- Overall oral health, you’ll want to take care of your teeth and gums to ensure good oral health. You’ll have your teeth for many years to come. Getting older doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice perfect teeth and healthy gums!
Contact Wilk and Wilk today to see how you can improve your mouth with adult braces. We’re happy to give you the perfect smile you’ve always wanted.